Would you like to work on developing the next generation batteries at a VC-funded scale-up? And to be part of a team that contributes to making electric driving more accessible? Then read on!
Better batteries are essential for the shift to electric driving. The need for increased range, charging speeds and performance of batteries is leading to significant investments in the sector and creating huge opportunities for companies that can contribute to more efficient batteries. One area with huge potential is the development of silicon anodes for improved battery performance. E-magy designs and manufactures specialty silicon material for advanced Li-ion batteries. With the material batteries enjoy a 40% capacity increase, making them lighter and more efficient. E-magy works with partners throughout the global automotive supply chain.
E-magy is looking for a Battery Scientist to design and run battery test programs, working closely with the Senior Battery Application Engineer, CTO and the Chemical Operator.
As Battery Scientist you will play a key role in designing and running hands-on experiments, as well as interpreting and presenting data. and preparing reports and presenting results. Over time your responsibilities will include the definition of qualification tests and communicating effectively with other scientists, managers, and customers the results of these tests. You will be responsible for executing a full test program for optimized battery anode material.
We are looking for you…
Because you have a strong materials science and/or chemical engineering background and are eager to contribute to the fast-developing battery sector. You possess a fundamental understanding of battery manufacturing process and components, in particular the silicon anode. You like to work in project teams and you have a strong desire to contribute. Effectively organizing your work in a dynamic environment is in your nature. You are good at coming up with pragmatic solutions in a scientifically complex material- and test system, as well as communicating this clearly, verbally and written.
- Degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge on battery- and battery components performance testing
- Potential for technical and project managerial leadership
- Able to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical international audiences
- Willing to work with global development partners and customers
- Broad knowledge base of materials characterisation and processing
E-magy is offering
- Exciting work environment within a VC-funded scale-up company, operating in an international network of partners and customers
- Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution towards a sustainable future
- Responsibility and growth opportunities: further expand battery know-how on a practical and scientific level.
- Strong team spirit and short communication lines
- Possibility to join employee participation program
If you would like to know more about this role, you can contact:
Axel Schönecker (CTO) via email@example.com
Please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org